sarah bennett

Dave Smith wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>

>>i use a well-seasoned round cast iron griddle pan.

> When I make crepes, I use several pans, cooking three or four at a time. It
> keeps me hopping, but it saves a lot of time compared to standing there and
> doing one at a time. I generally use my crepe pan, a small non stick pan and
> a small cast iron pan. Once you get the heat adjusted, you would be hard
> pressed to tell the difference in crepes from the three different pans.
>

>>i don't have a
>>"crepes" recipe, i just make a thinner (more milk/cream) version of the
>>pancake recipe in joy of cooking.

> ?? What about the baking powder? The crepe recipes I have used call for more
> egg than a pancake recipe, and usually more melted butter.

for crepes i leave out the baking powder. at least when i remember to

> I don't make them that often. I always forget which recipe I used last. I
> suppose that I could make the right one. I have a crepe cookbook that has
> dozens of different recipes
>
> Basic Recipe I II III IV
>
> eggs 4 3 4 3
> salt 1/4tsp. 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/8
> tsp
> milk 2 1/4 2 2 1
> can condensed (2/3 cup diluted
>
> with 1 cup water)
> cups Flour 2 2 2 1 1/2
> melted butter 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/2 cup 2 Tblsp.
>
> Then there are all the variation, some richer recipes that call for more
> eggs, cream, sugar etc.. There seems to be no single recipe for them.
>

>>this reminds me that i gotta make blintzes one of these days.

> I have to try those one of these days. I have seen them on some cooking shows
> but I have never seen them in real live, so I guess I am going to have to
> make them myself. They seem to be like a crepe based sweet burrito.

basically, yeah. i don't like the cheese ones, though

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß