Michel Boucher

Andy <q> wrote in :

> When I was crepe chef at a restaurant, we cooked them on a steel
> slab griddle and we'd spread them to about 18" diameter. Put
> fillings in the middle, then fold up, left, right then top and
> bottom for a big rectangular crepe roughly 6" x 8" x 1".
>
> I always grin when I see "baby" crepes.

Without a proper grill, it's hard to do anything bigger than the pan
you cook it in and high-edged pans are anathema to crèpes. Not so to
pancakes, but to crèpes, definitely. So a crèpière is a better option
than any other under the circumstances.

Some day I will have a proper gas stove. Right now, we rent and
electricity is what comes wit' da joint.

--

"Compassion is the chief law of human existence."

Dostoevski, The Idiot