sarah bennett

Dave Smith wrote:
> Ferrante wrote:
>

>>Using a crepe maker, are crepes easy to turn out a good crepe? Also,
>>can someone recommend a good (easy) crepe maker?
>>
>>Lastly, I'm curious what is in a crepe batter, how many ingredients?

> I have had better luck making crepes with a crepe pan and with other
> flat frying pans that with a crepe maker. Part of the secret to good
> crepes is to let the batter rest before using. There are lots of
> recipes for crepes, basically milk, eggs flour and melted butter with a
> dash of salt. Some dessert crepes call for a bit of granulated sugar.
>
> You can make a batch of crepes in advance. Let them cool and dry out a
> little, then stack them with waxed paper between each crepe and then
> keep them in the fridge. They can also be frozen.

i use a well-seasoned round cast iron griddle pan. i don't have a
"crepes" recipe, i just make a thinner (more milk/cream) version of the
pancake recipe in joy of cooking.

this reminds me that i gotta make blintzes one of these days.
--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß