Melinda

Default Smokey Keemun

I got a sample of Specialteas basic everyday Keemun the other day...and I am
really surprised. It's been over a year I think since I ran out of my last
batch of keemun (a keemun mao feng...can't remember where I got it) and I
don't remember it being smokey, but I've heard people use this term when
describing keemun and I can say that yeah, this keemun I have now is indeed
just a touch smokey. I mean smokey in a Lapsang Souchong kinda way. I'm
really surprised by it though. Does anyone know why it might be this
way...do they smoke any keemun over fires in China when they produce it, or
is it only certain grades, or...? In fact, any info on keemun production
would be interesting to me, if you have it. Thanks!

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."