dreas

> OK, I guess I meant, "do you have to
> go to a separate store to buy beer & wine?"
>
> As opposed to like here in California,
> where you can buy any alcoholic beverage
> in the grocery store, along with your bread & butter,
> meat and potatos, etc.
>
> I remember visiting British Columbia (Canada) once,
> and you had to buy your beer a a separate store,
> and it turned out they weren't open on Sundays.
>
> I thought it was a "state run" store,
> because it had all the ambiance of
> your basic government owned establishment.

I'm in BC. The government liquor stores have always
been closed on Sundays. They sell beer and wine and
everything else. In order to get beer on Sunday you'd
have to go to a cold beer and wine store, usually run
by a hotel. That was until about two years ago. Now
there are many private liquor stores that sell any-
thing any day. Government liquor stores are still
closed on Sundays, but they also have the best selec-
tion. The cold beer and wine stores now carry harder
stuff, just like the private liquor stores do. Just
make sure you get to any liquor-selling store before
11PM, because none of them are open any later than
that...

I liked it in Oregon. You could buy whisky at the
local pharmacy but you couldn't pump your own gas...

-'dreas