Chris

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Chris" > wrote
>
>> What bothers me about the deli case is the salads and side dishes in
>> the case. They are displayed in huge bowls, but they all look like
>> they have been sitting around and have crusted over and
>> congealed...whether it's potato salad, hummos, or whatever, they all
>> look as though they were left uncovered for a long time. No way I'd
>> buy any of that!
>>
>> And yet at Whole Foods, their salads, dips, and sides look (and
>> taste) very fresh, but are also stored in open bowls inside a glass
>> case. Could it be a difference in the humidty inside the case?

> The second I read 'salads and side dishes ...' I thought, ugh, those
> always look old and god knows what or how long ... I would never
> consider them. They don't look even remotely appetizing, they just
> look tired and icky. So, I thought, I'll say about the stuff at Whole
> Foods, I would definitely consider the..... hey! and you said it
> first.
> Made me laugh.
>
> Yes, they look like two different things altogether. Whole Foods
> stuff looks fresh and delicious. No relation to the supermarket
> stuff,
> and I don't know how they do that. Turnover?

I guess so, but the size of some of those platters and bowls at WF is
pretty huge, and they always look full. I wonder how much stuff they
throw out or otherwise get rid of at the end of the day. (Hmm,...do
they have any 8:45 p.m. specials??)

The only problem I have w/ WF salads is that they don't cook their beans
enough for my tastes. Otherwise, their prepared foods are a real treat.