Mellyn

Default Beware Maytag #MDB Dishwashers

We purchased a Maytag dishwasher model #MDB9750AWS from Sears on
January 27, 2005. Sears installed it sometime around the end of
February. Two months later, the little wheel that supports the middle
shelf on the rack roller rail broke. It is a small, weak piece of
plastic. To replace a piece of plastic slightly larger than a pea
requires the whole middle shelf to be replaced, so the repairman orders
it and then must come back 10 days later to install the shelf.

Today at the beginning of October, I am waiting for the repairman for
the THIRD time in eight months. This dishwasher is not even a year old
and I have had to stay home three separate times for the exact same
thing to be repaired.

I have called Maytag to complain that this is an under-engineered,
defective design and they should either issue a recall or a replacement
part for a piece of plastic that is too weak to support dishes. My
plates are bone china, not lead, and it cannot withstand their weight.
I have so far received no satisfaction on this front.

I expect this part to continue breaking at its current rate of every
two to three months. Since I am already burdened with this dishwasher
I wanted to help prevent others from buying this junk.