~patches~

S'mee wrote:
> One time on Usenet, sfpipeline_at_gmail.com said:

>>> Pigs in a blanket.

>>Are you serious??? That's what pigs in a blanket really is?
>>
>>LOL! I had no idea.

> Well, it's *a* recipe for pigs-in-a-blanket, but IIRC, the name
> can refer to nearly any kind of small weiner wrapped in dough
> and baked. There's a great restaurant in Sequim, WA that makes
> these using breakfast sausages and pancakes -- very nice:
>
> http://www.oaktablecafe.com/breakfast.html

Their food looks really good!

> We made them once, using hot dogs, real cheddar slices (no yellow
> plastic cheese for me, thankyouverymuch) and crescent rolls (sorry,

Life got a lot easier for mom with the plastic cheese slices but then
that's likely when they first came out and were all the rage. She
didn't even have to use those when weiners with cheese embedded in them
came out but by then she was too old to make them. Our local m & p
grocery has a mini deli so we can get real cheese slices there. The
butchershop in town has a larger selection as well so I only keep a sm
pk of the plastic stuff on hand for those who prefer it. Like you we
like the real cheese. We have a like - dislike for the refrigerator
rolls. We like the ease, selection, price, and quality except when
compared to home made there is a unmistakable can't quite pin point
taste. But they do the trick and save time so we use them on occasion.
I use Bisquick for quick bisquits and dumplings too.

> I like them). We thought Buddy (then pre-schooler) would love it,
> as he liked hot dogs, cheddar, and rolls seperately. No way, he
> acted like we were trying to poison him. I haven't tried them on
> him lately...

We've never been much into hot dogs at all. Our yDS could not eat them
or white sugar so both were pretty much eliminated.