Melba's Jammin'

Default Describe a bad meal

In article >, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> TOM KAN PA wrote:
>
> > Liver and onions, followed with a piece of mince meat pie.

> It's hard to believe, but some people really like liver and onions. I do
> not understand why.

And some people really like beets -- and I do not understand why. :-)

Mom used to cook liver occasionally. Awful stuff. For openers, I think
she might have used pork liver for economy--and it's bitter, I'm told.
And she'd fry it to a faretheewell. No juicy meet for her, by gum!

A cook where I worked gave me good advice for frying liver -- be sure
it's thinly sliced, dredge it in flour, and cook it fast and hot on both
sides. Juicy and tasty.

The smell is pretty disgusting, IMNSHO. Grilling it outside takes care
of that.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-10-04.