Raymond

Does it mean that a wine that has high acidity and zero sugar which is
supposedly sour can be considered as balanced because our brain interprets
the smell of ripe fruits as sweetness. After my humble experiment, I am not
quite convinced. I had two glasses of pure lime juice. One unsweetened and
the other with some sugar.
Obviously, the latter tasted much better because the sugar was in harmony
with the acidity. Though the formal has smell of ripe lime, the inadequacy
of sweetness threw it off balance. My conclusion: a high acidity bone-dry
wine is never balanced.

oups.com...