Richard Kaszeta

"rmg" > writes:

> I just spent 7 days in Salt Lake City in a hotel right next to the Temple.
> Pretty country, nice people.
>
> It was not easy to grab good cheap food there though, probalby because we
> were downtown.

Only good cheap place I've eaten in SLC is Red Iguana, 736 N Temple.
Reasonable Mexican food.

For high-end eats, Bambara is quite good, I've been there twice.

Otherwise, I'm sure there a good places hiding, but good eats in SLC
is a challenge.

> I did find one good place, the Red Rock Brewing Company. Good weak
> beer

Yeah, you missed the brief "Winter Olympics Alcohol Renaissance" which
was quite nice (for around a year the rules were noticeably relaxed).
Every other time I've been to SLC the act of drinking a beer is more
of a bureaucratic accomplishment than anything else...

> All in all though I came home feeling overfed and malnourished.

Remember, this is the state where "Fry Sauce" is the condiment of
choice for french fries (50/50 blend of mayo and ketchup)

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich