In >, on 10/05/05
at 10:50 AM, Ranee Mueller > said:

> I've heard that the restaurants in Provo are actually quite nice,
>possibly catering to the tastes of the returned missionaries. Any truth
>to that?

There was a Chinese place there in 93-95 (China Lily) that was very good
and a few others. They had a knock-off Tommy's hamburger joint and the
Mexican food was passable but very bland - some of the places not even
stocking hot sauce or salsa.

I was told the reason was that salsa releases endorphines and a big blast
of them can make someone feel "high" and THAT was not viewed positively by
the Mormon Church. Needless to say, I used to sneak my own into that
restaurant. Of course there were Mormon jokes about this and other things,
too.

jim