Paul E. Lehmann

Marty Phee wrote:

> I have the three wines going right now. One was bought as a kit. That
> one says to sprinkle the yeast on top and wait 5-7 days (pinot grigio).
> The other two I from my friend and we rehydrated the yeast, added and
> stirred twice a day for 3 - 4 days.
>
> Is there a proper way? I'm still very new to this so bear with me.
>
> Marty

For kit wines, I sprinkle on top because everything is somewhat sterile and
you don't have to worry about wild yeast.

If using fresh fruit, rehydrate and get an active culture going because you
want to compete with the natural yeast and other spoilage bacteria that
resides on the fresh fruit and rehydrating is going to guarantee you have
more cultured to overwhelm the "natural" yeast and other spoilage
organisms.