Cwdjrx _

I just looked at bottles of the 1971 and 1982 Petrus. The label is quite
simple. There is a picture of St. Peter. Next is the vintage date. Next
is PETRUS in red, large, fancy upper case letters with no special marks.
Next is POMEROL in somewhat smaller upper case. The name Chateau is not
included before PETRUS. At the lower part of the label in small print is
the usual information one finds on a Bordeaux label, such as who made
the wine, etc. I do not know if there are any changes since the 1982. I
quit buying Petrus after the 1982 vintage, as the price escaped the
solar system and now has escalated to outsde of our galaxy. I recently
recieved a pre-arrival offer of a recent vintage for a few cents short
of US$ 2000. per singe bottle. The 1971 cost about US$ 35 on release.

Reply to .