Doug Freyburger

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Is there such a thing?

I occasionally find all-rye rye bread in stores, and I
regularly find all-corn tortillas in stores. So there
should be such a thing. I've had an occasional bite
of cormbread that didn't give me the usual indigestion
that anything with wheat in it does, but not often
enough that I remember where.

> Is it possible to make cornbread with just cornmeal and no other grain?

The gluten from the wheat is used to feed the yeast
to raise the dough, so you'd need some other method of
making it puffy. Sodium carbonate based baking soda.
Fizz the dough up and use really finely ground cornmeal.