OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Cook > wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:45:50 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >Is there such a thing?
> >Is it possible to make cornbread with just cornmeal and no other grain?

> Absolutely. Off the top of my head
>
> 2 cups cornmeal
> 2 cups buttermilk
> 2 eggs
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon baking soda.
>
> 450° F oven.
> 9" square pan about 20 to 25 minutes.

Groovy! Thanks! :-)
The older I get, the more badly I react to wheat!
Plus, ground up baby corn can be substituted for corn
meal to drastically reduce the carbs.

I've been just dying for some corn bread to go with
the low carb black soy beans I make!

This might work for Kili too since she caters to her
hubby's low carbing!

Read a can of baby corn sometime. The nutritional
breakdown reads similar to spinach. Very low in
starch/sugar, very high in fiber.

I'll give this a shot, thank you SO much!

Cheers!
--
Om.