bbq

Chef Juke wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:24:13 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:01:07 -0700, Chef Juke >
>>wrote:

>>I really don't much care about intention. I've had it with ... all the other self-important bozos who think that
>>they have some sort of God-given right to shove their message down our
>>throats. ...Quit hollerin' at me

> Um, Kevin?
>
> Of the 62 posts in this thread, the original poster made 6 posts,
> while you have made over twice as many (13). In comparing those posts
> I think it fair to say that any impartial observer would find yours to
> be far more agressive, negative and some (including a number of the
> A.F.B. regualars who have responded, offensive.
>
> In your messages to both to the original poster and to those who you
> disagree with you repeatedly make assumptions about their INTENT
> (which you say you don't care about) and use these assumptions to
> bolster your arguments against them:
> For example:
>
> KEVIN: "You think that your message is so important that you can
> ignore prohibitions against spamming, including those in your ISP's
> Acceptable Use Policy"
>
> Do you really think that the original poster was both aware of and
> intentionally disregarding their ISPs Acceptable Use Policy?
>

> You often resort to name calling ("self-important bozos", "racist",
> "ignorant racist" "WebTVe", "You are a sad, pathetic, creepy little
> man.", etc.), yet chastise other when they resort to the same.
>
> It also seems that as threads you are involved in get longer, your
> statements in them become more pedantic - you start focusing on a
> minot point ( that someone did not answer one of your questions)
> rather than the overarching point of the thread.
>
> If the whole intent of your posts with this recurring theme (pointing
> out to people that they are spammers) is to educate people to the
> error of their ways, as indicated in your eigth post in this
> particular thread:
>
> "It really is simple: You're spamming. "
>
> ..then I have just one question for you.:
>
> Couldn't you find a more constructive way to do it?
>
> You have repeatedly chastised those who take you to task for your
> approach and have repeatedly been hypocritical in doing so. You have
> ridiculed those you consider "ignorant" rather than attempt to
> constructively educate them.
>
> Finally, based on the years of such threads, is seems clear to me that
> ultimately, you simply don't care to engage with others in a
> reasonable, respectful manner, especially if they have said or
> implied something that you disagree with, or if you deem them somehow
> 'less' than you (ignorant, racist, etc.).
>
> To me, that seems like a truer form of ignorance than unintentionally
> breaking one's ISP Acceptable use policy while trying to help people
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> [...]

Amen. I have been around this group for several years (though less in
the last year or so) and find Kevin to be the most obnoxious human being
ever. For the life of me, I just can't understand why he gets his
jolly's being such an obnoxious person. He has valuable knowledge to
contribute, but for the most part, he chooses to ignore that.

BBQ