"kilikini" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:

> > > DYOFHW.

That's actually a quote from C. Himes in Black on Black, 1937.

> > > Keep digging that hole, Bubba.

> > Yassuh,Marsa. I's diggin'! N' when I gets it deep enuff, I's gonna
> > stick yo in it wif jes' yo head stickin' out 'n den we's gonna play
> > bowlin'! Yu'd bes' be reddy ta shake yo moneymaka, honky mofo!

Ten years of living and playing with Black Folk had more value than just
this. My black daughter was laughing like Hell at Kevie and the thread.

> Nick, it's funny. Normally I'd have to read what you wrote kind of
> slowly to sound it out, but I've been addicted to Alex Haley's book,
> Roots, for the past week and your sentences just flew off my monitor.
> Did you ever read Roots? It is a wonderful story; extremely well written
> - although I've heard that it's not all that factual. I don't know or
> care, it's a wonderful read.

Saw the movie (on TV?), never read the book.

I'm planning to kf Kevvie again today. "It was great fun, but it was just
one . . . of those things!"

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families: