Julie Bove

"Tim Gagnon" > wrote in message
news:di%Ue.470102$s54.136567@pd7tw2no...
> Does any one know where i can go to get some recipies on diabetic home

fruit
> canning. I cant seem to find any websites on this.

I canned applesauce and pears last year using a minimal amount (about 1/3 of
what would be used for an extra light syrup) of sugar. There is a newsgroup
for food preservation and there is at least one diabetic there who can help
you. I researched Splenda and while it can be used for canning, it doesn't
help preserve the color and texture of the fruit like sugar does. Everything
I canned worked well and people loved it!

--
See my webpage: