Dee Randall

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> Can you help me so that I can google the correct term. I am looking for a
>> slide- in 30" electric stove (to replace a Jenn-Air 1989 down-draft
>> stove)
>> that has the burners that turn immediately to the temperature that one

> has
>> turned them to (i.e., 1-10) instead of slowly cooling off.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it is halogen. And I don't know if it is halogen whether
>> they only have one halogen burner on a stove.
>> Thanks. I have already googled groups and have read a few postings, but
>> still not sure of the differences as it might relate to a slide-in

> electric
>> stove.
>> Thanks so much.
>> Dee

> Halogen would be one way to achieve instant on/off. The other way, one
> that
> would be more efficient and provide more power, would be induction.

Thanks for your response:
Vox, I am wanting to replace my Jenn-Air; I think you know my model, the
down-draft electric. My husband doesn't want to put a hood in so as to not
use a downdraft - I wish he would reconsider, and I might convince him, but
not until I've left no stone unturned-- I think Jenn-Air actually does have
a down-draft 'induction.' See below.

I bought a set of pans that I really like from Costco
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...av=&cat=&s= 1
after previously not long before buying their caphalon type, so I'm not
eager to replace pans again! The newest pans do seem pretty flat. But I'm
not sure what to think about 'matching up' sizes to fit the burner, and
whether they need to be exact.

I saw online a Jennaire 'replacement insert'
http://store.yahoo.com/absolute-shop...eraelcaje.html
but I don't have any idea if this would work in my present Jennaire. I have
three different inserts now that I have used: the grill, the electric
burners, and those black round things that stay hot forever -- I don't know
the name of them.

Now, here is a NEW Jennaire that says
"Open bay accepts halogen, radiant or coil element cartridge for cooking
flexibility." at
http://store.yahoo.com/absolute-shop...doelraje2.html

Looking for guidance,
Thank you.