Cwdjrx _

Although too much perfume can be a problem, many other things are just
as much a problem for me. In most states in the US now there are
restrictions concerning smoking in restaurants and many other public
places, so smoking is not the problem it once was.

I find strong smelling, very ripe cheeses more of a distraction than
most perfumes, in moderation. I believe Hunt mentioned brushing teeth
soon before the tasting. Many US toothpastes are loaded with mint and
other things to perfume the breath, and the effects of these can linger
quite a while. Plain baking soda works fairly well if one must brush
teeth before tasting wine, or even very good food for that matter. Other
distractions of a lesser degree are cooking odors from a kitchen,
especially if fish or garlic has just been cooked. I also have more
trouble smelling wine this time of the year when there is much pollen in
the air from ragweed, etc. This is somewhat like the problem with a head
cold, although less severe.

Reply to .