Faux_Pseudo

_.-In rec.food.cooking, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote the following -._
> V-8 is an actual name brand of vegetable juice mix.
> It's a mix of 8 different juices.
>
> Let's see, I do have a bottle in the 'frige right now. I like to use it
> for marinades and recipes in general, It's also delicious as a quick
> savory snack, and VERY nutritious:
>
> Juices of:
>
> Tomato, Carrots, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach
>
> Also contains salt, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C as a preservative)
> flavoring and citric acid.

And in a dissapointing twist they add sugar to their low sodium
version.

> V-8 juice is also FABULOUS served hot as a soup!

A few months ago we had the urge for tomatto soup but had none. We
did have a big tin of V-8. So I hit the net in search for a recipie
for tomatto soup that required V-8 and not much else. I didn't have
much luck. Sure there were lots of V-8 to soup recipies but most of
them wanted to add carrots, onions and the kitchen sink.

Eventually it came down to basil, oregano, and cayenne pepper. It
came out too salty though. Anyone got any better ones in the 5
ingrediant or less theme that are good and don't taste like liquid
salt?

--
.-')) fauxascii.com ('-. | It's a damn poor mind that
' ..- .:" ) ( ":. -.. ' | can only think of one way to