S'mee in WA

One time on Usenet, Don Gray > said:
> In message Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > Limey wrote

> > > I like it with V-8 juice, rather than tomato (more flavor).

> > Ne, too! I never buy tomato juice, only V-8.

> I've heard the expression V-8 used quite a few times in the past few weeks
> but can't fit it into any category which I know. Can you please explain what
> it stands for? It sounds like a car engine capacity :-) I have difficulty
> sometimes trying to interpret words in English even though I am English born
> and bred ;-)

It's a brand name of tomato-based vegetable juice sold in the U.S.:

http://www.v8juice.com/default.aspx

It's good stuff; I've never had a home-made Bloody Mary, so I'm
not sure how that would taste. Last time I had one while out was
several years at Manresa Castle (Port Townsend, WA). I think the
bartender hit the bottom of their bottle of Bloody Mary mix -- it
was waaaaay over-seasoned and barely drinkable. Kind of spoiled
my taste for them...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, VidGamer, novice cook, dieter ~