Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 PM
stiko

Try glucose instead of corn syrup they are interchangeable and should be
available there. Also Lyle's Golden Syrup can be used for a more "caramel"
flavour.

A substitute for buttermilk I spotted in "Joy of Cooking" is:

1 cup buttermilk = 1 cup yoghurt (I would think the 1.5 - 2 % fat one, since
buttermilk is a low-fat dairy product ) Buttermilk is quite runny so
choose a yoghurt with a similar texture avoiding thick greek style yoghurt.

Hope that helps

Ο "JMF" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
I'm in Italy where they don't really have corn syrup and buttermilk. Both
are used a lot in American baking recipes and I'd like to find substitutes
that can be found here. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John