Curly Sue

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:58:51 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:56:44 GMT, (Curly
>Sue) wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>Good bakeries have the skill, the time, and the equipment to do
>>things beyond what most of us can do easily. I've seen recipes for
>>sfogliatelle, but I don't know anyone who makes them. Very
>>labor-intensive.

><snip>
>
>Yahbut, one of the reasons I cook is b/c I *like* to cook, and just
>creating something interesting is worth it even though I may only make
>it once in a blue moon. I may be able to buy it, in this case at a
>bakery, but just working through a unique recipe is fun for me. And I
>just *love* it when someone exclaims, "You *made* this???" Yeah, I
>made it. Because I can :-)

Of course people can bake for fun and/or challenge. I just don't
agree with the statement that almost anything baked is better at home
and it's just a matter of following a recipe. I would hope that a
baker with years of experience who makes their living at it, would do
better than someone who gets a recipe and tries something once.

>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Sfogliatelle
>
>desserts
>
>1 1 -pound package frozen puff pastry
>4 tablespoons butter, melted
> confectioners' sugar

I saw the recipes using the commercial puff pastry, which is a big
help.

How did they turn out?

Sue(tm)