Ted Goldblatt

Bob Wheeler wrote:

[snip]
> Actually "made by hand" bread is not necessarily superior. I've made a
> lot of bread, but can't do as well as my bread machine on the loaves it
> does best -- plain white bread for sandwiches and such. My bread machine
> controls the temperatures and rise much better than I can. Of course,
> French bread and other good stuff can't be done well with a bread machine.

What recipe do you use for sandwich bread? I also have a Zoji, and my
attempts at sandwich bread didn't come up with a light/soft enough loaf
to meet the needs (my younger one likes peanut butter sandwiches folded
over, and all the sandwich bread I made in the thing had too much body -
the slices always broke when I tried to fold them). I probably didn't
try hard enough - the breads I like are kneaded and baked without
benefit of the bread machine, so it has been relegated to the garage,
but I'm willing to give it another try...

ted