Derek

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:12:37 GMT, Steve Hay wrote:

> Mike Petro wrote:
>> Let's make this absolutely clear, I concede NOTHING. I, and EVERYONE
>> else who has spoken up on this subject, still believe you are dead
>> wrong. I am simply willing to make a silly "concession" to get you to
>> shut the hell up. I will remove the word "Rosetta" from my translation
>> page if you cease and desist all attacks aimed at me. Personally I
>> don't believe you can do it.

> I believe he is dead wrong. However, the fact that he used this
> metaphor appears to be true. He used it in 2003 and early 2004, but
> does copywriting a metaphor even make any sense?

[snip]

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that he was NOT the first
person to use the term in this newsgroup. But we're also not accepting
his assertion that this newsgroup is the only place from which Mike or
anyone else could possibly have gleaned the idea.

I know that I've already acknowledged this fact previously, and I
don't think Mike would disagree.

--
Derek

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing
your temper or your self confidence." -- Robert Frost