Derek

On 8 Sep 2005 20:17:19 -0700, Nico wrote:

> (responding to Derek's post from 9-8-05 7:41)
>
> Thanks, Derek. If your description is accurate, than I would say Jim's
> complaint is a stretch, to put it mildly. Was Jim selling this "cheat
> sheet?". I'm far from being a legal expert, but if you decide to use a
> term (a very common one at that) in your website, and then someone else
> decides to use that term, wittingly or not, you don't have a case. If
> Jim's site is commercial, then I might see the point. But If it's a
> trademark issue, I'm pretty sure those need to be registered. Plus, Fox
> did indeed loose said case.

The record is available on Google.

"The Puerh Rosetta Page" thread that started it all:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?X600135CB

"Puerh Aging" thread, in which Jim continued his attacks on Mike:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H210215CB

"Tea Talk service has been shut down" thread, in which I unfortunately
poked the hornets' nest, and which contains more of the same:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W120125CB

The longer this goes on, the more it looks like what REALLY ticked of
Jim is the belief that Mike stole his idea. But since you can't
protect an idea outside of patenting it, he's tried to claim
copyright.

--
Derek

"Democracy becomes a government of bullies tempered by editors." --
Ralph Waldo Emerson