Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:

> On 7 Sep 2005 11:27:06 -0700, "Rudy Canoza" > wrote:
>
>>Derek wrote:

>>>And found on usda's web site

>>It is not a standard

> Nevertheless, whatever you might claim it to be, it
> was evidence put before Harrison that came from
> U.S.D.A., so you were wrong to declare "false"
> when you did. I don't expect you to admit it, but
> the facts are there to see that you were in error.

>>>There is no adopted standard, so when asking me to
>>>produce the standard supporting my claims you were
>>>in fact asking me for the standard I gave you

>>No.

> Yes.

>>>I don't believe Western Grasslands in California,

>>You have no reason NOT to believe them.

> I have no evidence other than his word, so I've
> every GOOD reason not to believe him. I would
> be a fool to rely on anecdotal evidence to base
> any conclusions upon. You should know that.
>

>>>just as equally as you refuse to believe statements made
>>>by Kent Lundberg concerning his collateral death-free
>>>rice.

>>He did not say his rice is "collateral death-free". You are lying
>>again.

> Nevertheless, you refused to believe what this
> producer claimed about his product

Because the nature of his claim is absurd. He doesn't
know anything about collateral deaths; the sleazily
loaded question put to him by that **** Lesley is the
first he had ever even *thought* about it. He doesn't
know about CDs, but he's bright enough to see the
implication of it when it's introduced to him, so he
splutters some bullshit about "exaggeration" and the
great care they take not to kill some ducks (but no
mention of other birds, or reptiles, or amphibians...)

By contrast, Ernest Phinney's claims about Western
Grassland's grass-fed beef are based on THE
DISTINGUISHING characteristic of his product: that the
beef is from animals who were *only* fed grass. In
contrast to the caught-by-surprise,
deer-in-the-headlights Kent Lundberg, Mr. Phinney knows
*all* about feeding grass, and only grass, to cattle -
it is the very basis for the existence of his company.

Mr. Phinney knows about value of preserving the meaning
of "grass-fed" as a marketing claim, and his company is
predicated on the notion that grass-fed means *only*
grass-fed. Lundberg, caught entirely off-guard by
Lesley's loaded and sleazy and undoubtedly dishonestly
composed question, didn't know what he was talking
about concerning CDs.

That's just how it is, Dreck.