Brick

On 6-Sep-2005, "Jack Schidt®" > wrote:

> "Chef Kurt" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Would you say it was the method I
> > smoked them, or the way I put them on the grates- meat side down this
> > time instead of meat side up?
> >
> > It had nothing to do with meat side down. By wrapping them in foil, you
> > literally braised them instead of making barbecue out of your ribs.
> > Stay away from the foil, cook your ribs slow for 6 or 7 hours or until
> > done and see the difference. You basically made chain restaurant ribs.
> >
> > Kurt
> >

> Maybe he LIKES chain restaurant ribs. Seriously, I agree on not using foil;
> 4 hours or so at 250 or so on my smoker gets the job done nicely for me. No
> sauce, unless someone asks for it. With beer on hand (or on tap), that's
> all the saucing I need.
>
> Jack

I foiled some ribs just one time and I'll never do it again. Neither do I put any
sauce on them. I use my house rub the night before if I happen to think of it,
otherwise I apply the rub just before putting them in the pit. I cook at 250° to
275°F and it usually takes about 4 hours to get them where they'll crack when
I bend them. At that point they are almost, but not quite falling off the bones.
They are juicy and tender with all of their natural flavor intact. There's sauce
available on the table. Nobody ever uses it.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)