zxcvbob

Brian Mailman wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> Remoulade Sauce, but I'm not sure what exactly it is served with
>> (probably fried or broiled butterflied shrimp.)

> Sort of like a tartar sauce. A compound mayo.
>
>> Fried soft-shell crab, if you can find them. Cut in half for a large
>> appetizer.

> Erf, that's what we call 'starters' here in Northern California these
> days. By 'appetizer' I mean 'hors d'ouevre.' 'Sides, I'm wanting to
> keep the food costs down. The mushroom cap thang sounds like an idea
> and I can play with that.

For $100 per plate, don't skimp *too* much to keep the costs down. Try
to get someone to donate part of the food or sell it to you at cost.
And figure out some way to serve chicken for part of it.

Boiled/steamed shrimp or crawfish are not as expensive as they sound
because your guests have to peel them and that takes time. (I figured
that one out at a happy hour buffet that had peel'n'eat shrimp.)

>> Turtle soup? (made with snapping turtles, not sea turtles) Don't let
>> the turtle bite your fingers off. :-)

> LOL. Remember the "Snapping Turtle Turks" in Yellow Submarine?

I've never seen Yellow Submarine. Maybe I should rent it...

Best regards,
Bob