William R. Watt

"justme" ) writes:

>...He said that National Grocers is the buyer for
> all the stores in Ontario (IGA, A&P, Ziggy's, etc).

George Weston's pretty well has a monopoly on supermarkets in Ontario now.
Their wholesale division supplies Loblaws, Your Independent Grocer (aka
IGA), Loeb, and others. The weekend flyers delivered to my house are
almost identical, just one page differs for each of those three branded
chains. The consolodation in supermarkets started some time ago. I worked
in differently branded supermarkets as a student, all owned by Weston's.
One summer I was working day shift in one store and part time evening
shift in aother until the district manager thought I looked a lot like the
guy he saw working at the other store so I had to quit the evening job. I
guess the payroll systems had not been consolodated.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm