D. Winsor

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

"Whether you understand, or opine, makes not one wit of change to the
situation. It solves nothing with regard to this situation. As to opining,
you should have at least a rudimentary understanding of how the system is
setup before you start looking for blame."

Nonsense. People in trouble needed help. We had offers to help before your
officials before your people were actually troubled. Bureaucrats and, God
forbid, vanity kept us from your consideration.

"Things were screwed up for a variety of reasons, and they need fixing."

Yet your own personal arrogance kept you from admitting even that prior to
now.

"But this is not a political issue, it is an issue of beauracracy(sp);
democrat, republican, whatever."

No, the bureaucracy is a beleagured tool of the governments past and
present. A general conservatism has swept accountants of both parties into
power. Our own values as reflected by those accountants have left us with a
dearth of leadership in these times of need. It is a very political issue
in the western world because we no longer have leaders that aren't managed.

"The beauracracy kept effective response from occuring, and that must be
solved. And it certainly was not a plot --- as you have stupidly
suggested -- of an attempt at ignoring folks because they were black."

Yadah, yadah, yadah... The aims were as lily white as the hats you proport
to wear. People were in trouble and needed help. It was that simple for
us, but "stupid is as stupid does"... Enjoy your box of chocolates.