justme(Karen)

Kathi Jones wrote:

> huh...curious. Where do you live and where did you buy them? I'm thinking
> location and how long they were in transit might have something to do with
> it...
>
> Kathi

I drove into Orillia (I'm in Ontario) and bought them at Loblaws' No
Frills store. Incidently when I phoned the store manager to complain
about the fruits, he admitted that he had gotten quite a few
complaints about them. He said that National Grocers is the buyer for
all the stores in Ontario (IGA, A&P, Ziggy's, etc). And that all the
plums in question are bad, so I said it would be a good idea for
Loblaws, etc to track down the orchard that grew them from the
packaging label and advise the owner that his orchards are poisoned or
whatever. It wasn't fair to anyone to continue to buy bad fruits and
pass the disasters off to consumers one way or another.

He agreed but said there was nothing he personally could do about as
he's just an independant owner of one store. So my next move is to
contact Loblaws by snail mail and complain.

......when fruits start smelling like pesticides and contain
crystallised who-knows-what that makes skin feel strange that's not
fruit.

So in answer to your question, all the plums are suspect if grown in
Ontario.

Karen