Reg

Darek Fisk wrote:

> Do you cook fish only to 130-140F? Fresh one? From what I have read
> parasites in fish die at 140F in 1 minute. Considering possible error of the
> temperature reading device 140F seems to be very close call not even
> mentioning 130F.

Seriously, you're way more concerned than you need be. People
eat "rare" seafood millions of times every day without getting
sick.

Think of the last time you had grilled ahi tuna. You know that
big, bright red area in the center of the meat? That's very,
very undercooked fish... well below 130 F even.

It's perfectly legal for restaurants to serve it this way,
and there's no requirement that it be previously frozen.
In fact, most people won't eat tuna any other way. Along with
a whole slew of other fish, scallop ("day boat" scallop means
not previously frozen), and misc. seafood dishes as well.

Do people get parasites from this? It's theoretically possible,
the way that getting hit by lightening is possible.

The main cause of parasite infection from seafood is *uncooked*
fish used in things like ceviche. Just cook your fish and you'll
be fine.