Duwop

> wrote in message
> I've posted a few times in the past regarding pork spareribs I've
> smoked, usually w/ less than stellar results. Today, I smoked four
> racks ($1.89 lb at Giant Eagle this week), and they actually came out
> great- "falling off the bone" tender.
> sauce. I've never used this method before- I've always smoked them
> directly on the grates w/o the foil. The other difference was how I put
> them on the grates. Before, I always put them on the grates meat side
> up. This time, both directly on the grates and in the foil, I put them
> meat side down, except for the last 15-20 minutes, when I applied the
> sauce. To what do you attribute the difference in quality (much better)
> this time vs all the other times? Would you say it was the method I
> smoked them, or the way I put them on the grates- meat side down this
> time instead of meat side up?

Tell truth? Not knowing the cooker you're using it's impossible to tell
isn't it?

Me, I did two full racks of spares (and two chix) today on the >offset<
bone down with no sauce (never while cookin', only as a side) and they
turned out great as usual. Tomorrow I'm bringing in a few ribs for a poor
Texan missing 'Q who endeared me knowing that sauce is for covering up
mistakes and believes that meat is best cooked dry, sauce served on the
side. He's getting extra knowin' that. :-)