Tom Puskar

Hi, I'm a new guy who just started BBQing and reading this group. My
experience until now has been dogs, burgers, chicken and of course the
occasional steak on my propane grill. I'm looking forward to some real BBQ.

I tried my first batch of ribs yesterday in my Charm Glow Silver smoker and
the results were mediocre. I used Kingsford charcoal and some mesquite
blocks I got at Lowes's AFTER I was done I noted this thread. I gather
Kingsford briquettes aren't the fuel of choice!!!

I'm making my way through the BBQ FAQ but haven't got to the charcoal/fuel
part yet.

What are RO and Cowboy? I presume they are brands but of what? I'm in
central NJ and have Lowe's, Wal-mart, Home Depot to choose from.

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

.. .