William R. Watt

when I was a university student I worked for a supermarket
in their produce warehouse (Loblaws at the foot of Bathurst Street in
Toronto). I remember opening up a railcar full of US peaches and they were
all bad, been sitting too long on a railway siding somehwere. It happens
sometimes. Nowadays it could be the slow border crossings.

BTW we ate pretty well in that warehouse. Working nights. Handfuls of
blueberries, a piece of fruit whenever, that sort of thing. At the meal
break somebody would grab a big spanish onion and slice it up for the
sandwiches we brought from home.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm