justme(Karen)

Default Don't buy the Ontario prune plums.

They're awful. I went and bought several packages of Ontario (Canada)
prune plums thinking I'd make some nice jam today. After washing some
foul-smelling and foul feeling white stuff off the outside, I started
in on pitting them.

Every single one of them had rust inside, and large clear crystals of
I don't know what it was. My fingers feel like they've been subjected
to some kind of corrosive (no kidding!) and the kitchen stinks to high
heaven.

I don't know what the hell that was all about but I tossed out a lot
of money. Even though I phoned the store where I bought them and was
told I'd be reimbursed, the store manager said that the Ontario plums
are inferior, that he had no control over the purchases and
apologized.

Save your money, buy U.S. plums. They're superior in every way.

Karen