Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Wed 31 Aug 2005 07:43:37p, Jean B. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Bubbabob wrote:
>>>
>>> That also have 60 mpg cars that the US won't let into the country.

>> You can get Insights and Priuses and others. I just bought a
>> Prius. Good timing, I guess.
>>

> That's fine if you can afford to buy an Insight or Prius. I can't. I
> bought
> a 2005 car that was supposed to get 30 mpg on freeway which is 95% of my
> driving. I'm lucky to get 22 mpg. I had the dealer check it out a few
> weeks
> ago and was told that there was nothing wrong with it, nor did it require
> any
> adjustments. :-(
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I bought my first car in 1959, it was a little bug Volvo which was supposed
(they said) to get comparable mileage to the VW; it NEVER got over 8 miles a
gallon for 6 years! Every dealer in 3 states checked it out. I still think
of the screwing I took on that car. Nope -- too poor to get rid of it.
Dee Dee