Loki

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:50:06 -0500, George Shirley
> wrote:

>Thank you Sarah. We're certainly glad we don't live down there either.
>Local news stations are carrying reports of looting, people in NO
>shooting at rescue helicopters, ets. Then our state attorney general
>said they're not going to arrest people for looting "because they're
>just taking food." National TV is showing people stealing clothing,
>television sets, etc and I hope those are all made of chocolate. Mostly
>only the poorest of the poor staying in the city to ride out the
>hurricane along with the elderly who had no means of transportation and
>bunch of young male tourist who continue to drink and party. I'm
>certainly glad I no longer have to respond with rifle in hand to
>"protect" people and property as I would be inclined to want to shoot
>the worse ones on the street.

We have had power outages here. They say they will continue, but we
have not had one tonight. Last night the power was out, no one knew
when it would be on again and we had gangs roaming the streets,
looting. We were not hit by the hurricane at all - mostly rain and
wind but no damage at all.

I sat with a loaded shotgun and my dogs all night.

>Friend of mine's youngest son works for a power company and is being
>sent to New Orleans this week. I hope the young man has a strong stomach
>as there are reports of dead bodies floating in the streets and the
>water is still rising. We're praying they find the living trapped in
>attics before either the rising water or the summer heat gets them.

Yeah and no one is talking about the 'gators...

Loki