Puester

George Shirley wrote:

> Local news stations are carrying reports of looting, people in NO
> shooting at rescue helicopters, ets. Then our state attorney general
> said they're not going to arrest people for looting "because they're
> just taking food." National TV is showing people stealing clothing,
> television sets, etc and I hope those are all made of chocolate.

And where on earth do they think they will put the looted stuff?
There don't seem to be any homes left standing in the area.

> Friend of mine's youngest son works for a power company and is being
> sent to New Orleans this week. I hope the young man has a strong stomach
> as there are reports of dead bodies floating in the streets and the
> water is still rising. We're praying they find the living trapped in
> attics before either the rising water or the summer heat gets them.

I have lived through many, many hurricanes where there was destruction
and loss along the coast, where my family lost vacation houses, but
the extent of the damage, flooding, and loss far exceeds anything I
could have imagined. How do you begin cleaning up such a scene, much
less rebuild? It's completely overwhelming.

George, I was so happy to hear that you and the Mrs. are safe.
It's hard to hear of all the anonymous deaths and damage, but it is so
much worse when it's a friend, even one we've never met in person.

Stat well!

gloria p