Roberta

Vilco wrote:
> Stavo dormendo su un bancale di lambro quando il post di Roberta mi
> desto'
>

>>Some sites said that lamb is sliced thin and put on a vertical

> spit -
>
>>this is the kind that my husband had in Rodos when he was there last
>>month.

> That's what I always see here in Italy, and the moroccan, turkish,
> pakistani or tunisian kabab shops sell that lamb meat roughly cut in
> small pieces in a bread loaf, in the case of Doner Kabab, which is the
> most common here in Italy. They just open the bread on one side and
> put the meat inside, then some fresh undressed salad, red hot sauce,
> white sour cream sauce (with herbs in it) and sometimes you also get
> some vegetable fried balls, like vegetable meatballs without the meat
> (BTW: how to say this?). Many also add fries to it, but I always tell
> them to let the 'taters out, theyr presence is pointless to me. One
> thing I like dmuch has been the sliced fresh tomato that a kabab shop
> uses to add to the kabab, it's wonderful, expecially with many salad
> and sour cream sauce.
>

>>At any rate It was fantastic and everyone loved it

> Sure, that's a very nice dish

It sounds sooo good - I hope to travel someday mainly for the food lol

Your one question about the fried vegetable balls - I don't know of
anything like that here...we have vegetables breaded and deep fried, but
that doesn't sound like what you describe. I think fried vegetable
balls is about the best name for them lol

Thanks for your comments and descriptions

Roberta (in VA)