Dee Randall

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> "Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
>> Jim Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Well there is just the 2 of us and yeh, you gotta be careful buying at
>>> Costco cause you can easily buy too much of something and it spoils.
>>> That said, we keep our membership year after year and will continue to
>>> do so. First we can depend on the quality.

>> Costco's beef is far and away the best around. And the cheapest. I don't
>> know how they do it. Same for pork, lamb and chicken. Whole boneless pork
>> loins this morning were $2.09. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs were
>> $1.79. Boned, rolled and tied leg of lamb was $3.25.
>>
>> > The prices are usually
>>> lower but not always. We have to be careful of the quanitiy but with
>>> careful shopping we come out ahead, especially when we use the
>>> costco/amex card which gives us a rebate every year. Also the gasoline
>>> prices are usually the lowest around.

>> Gas today at Costco was 2.34. Next cheapest I saw was 2.39, most over
>> 2.45.
>>
>> Pastorio

> Yesterday we went to Costco, Winchester. There is not a Costco gas
> station there. We paid $2.499 yesterday at Hess, Toms Brook; same prices
> in Winchester.
> When we travel back and forth to CT, we stop at any Costco's for gas.
> Maybe not a LOT cheaper, but ALWAYS cheaper. I don't know if this goes
> toward the percentage rebate, but no matter; it's cheaper.
> Yesterday I bought loads of zip-locks with coupons; I saved 33% off their
> prices.
>
> Peter, I try to get away from Walmart, too. I do my best. I still buy
> distilled water there.
> Dee Dee

Continued:
After looking yesterday at Costco's Hummus and Tabouleh (and the price), I
just now finished making my own, as well as a cucumber raita. (The vidalias
I got there are still good.) My bulgar turned out fine this time; I did
nothing more than soak it (against DH's wishes to boil it), but I put plenty
of lime/lemon to kill all germs -- tee hee.
Dee Dee