Alexis

jake wrote:
> Hello Alexis,
>
> I think you have more requirements than I can find answers to. If I were
> you, I would consider cutting down on requirements or finding ways to
> have all the equipment that would make teaching easier.
> I do have one suggestion, though: have a look at the food lab on
> www.bbc.co.uk/food. There, you can find fun experiments that show you
> properties of food and things about the chemistry of cooking. Maybe some
> of the home experiments they show aer of itnerest to you.

Thanks, Jake -- I've bookmarked the site for reference.

I know the "requirements" are daunting -- that's exactly my problem. I
have plenty of nutritious snacks that don't really involved any cooking
per se, and I have plenty of cooking projects that meet all of the
requirements except for being nutritious. We use both sets of recipes,
but I don't want to encourage the idea that the only kind of fun
cooking is preparing unhealthy foods or desserts.

Hopefully, by second quarter I'll have figured out the baking/oven
problem. Having the equipment isn't necessarily something I can
control -- I can't exactly order an oven and stove installed in my room
or my building :-)

Thanks for the site!

Alexis.