OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > said:
>
> > In article >,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> > > LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
> > > chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

> > I tried it one day as an experiment.
> > My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> > water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
> >
> > The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> > and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> > overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
> >
> > I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

> I can't stand the crunch of those things. But I'd try them pureed. Once,
> at least. Potatoes bloat me something fierce, and they're loaded with
> carbs. The cauliflower thing never appealed to me, but I'll try this!
>
> Thanks!
> Carol

Cool! :-)
They lose all crunch with the puree...
I hope you like them!

The cauliflower thing is ok, but IMHO it tastes like pureed cauliflower.
It's just not the same. Even my housemate agreed that the pureed water
chestnuts worked very well.

And he WILL tell me if he does not like one of my "experiments"! <lol>
--
Om.