Rhonda Anderson

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
:

> On Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:17:59a, biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Why?

>> I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale
>> either,
>> but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon
>>

> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

I've tried Mountain Dew and didn't like it - I couldn't describe the
flavour either. Mountain Dew addicts coming to Australia may well be
disappointed, though. While the labelling looks the same as US Mountain
Dew (going by the Mountain Dew website), and the flavour is presumably
the same, there is no caffeine in Mountain Dew here.

The only soft drinks allowed to contain caffeine under Australian food
laws are cola drinks.There are caffeinated drinks like Red Bull allowed,
but they come under a different classification to drinks like Mountain
Dew.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia