Lara Burton

I live in a mountain community in the western US, and the water that comes
out of my tap is pure untreated spring water. Very nice for making tea.
Communities only need to treat water for giardia if the water source has a
high likelihood of coming in contact with fecal matter (poop). Beavers are
the main carriers of giardia in these mountains and any water near beaver
dams needs to be treated for giardia. Area high in human traffic and dog
traffic (human poop and dog poop) also are in danger. However, lots and
lots of mountain water is giardia free, especially in high altitudes without
poop.

Sorry, couldn't resist typing poop multiple times.

My tea tastes great with my water. I have to carry my own water with me
when I go to work (in the valley) because I can't stand chlorinated stuff
anymore.

In fact my tap water is safer than bottled "spring water" because it
undergoes more rigorous water testing. Maybe I could start a mail order
business . . . bottle my own water to sell for tea consumption . . .

oups.com...