Scott Dorsey

Space Cowboy > wrote:
>I just asked why you think the West has to validate anything the East
>does in science?

Because that's how science works. A scientific principle is universal
and therefore everyone can conduct the same experiment and so everyone
validates one another.

In the case of something that is new and still somewhat unproven, it
is important that validation be done from a number of different corners
to make absolutely sure that a thing is accurate.

I strongly recommend reading Feynman's book "Surely You're Joking, Mr.
Feynman" on the subject of the spin of the electron. Turned out that
something that had been taken for granted for many years was wrong,
because the original results were marginal but made sense and nobody
bothered redoing the experiment.

The great thing about science is that everyone can redo any experiment
over and over and get the same results.
--scott