Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(Victor Sack) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > First place ribbons (canning) were for Blackberry Jelly, Cherry Amaretto
> > Jam, and Bread & Butter Pickles (Yesss-s-s-s-!!). Winning the Bread &
> > Butter lot for the third consecutive year means that I will not be
> > allowed to compete in that lot for two years. (*^;^*) Ain't that a
> > shame.
> >
> > First place ribbon for baking was for Boy Brownies!!

> *Just* four first place ribbons (which were black this year, anyway)?!
> It is a terrible disappointment and, for obvious reasons, a great shame,
> though not a surprise, of course. I know how you *really* feel, Barb, I
> know... but no need to get suicidal - there is always next year and I
> have an inkling that beets will be particularly good in time for the
> Fair!
>
> There... there... don't cry, Sweetie! Have a spoonful of Barb's Beety
> Beauty...
>
> Bubba

You are such a snot, Bubba. Really. Seriously. I'm prone to
depression but have never been suicidal. Homicidal, maybe, when the
Beet Boy knocks on the door. "-) Do you like pickled beets? I need to
know because I'd hate to waste the postage if YOUR TRUE COLOR shown
through and YOU don't eat them, either. Come to think of it, I've
never seen you express much interest in them other than to needle me.
Hmmmmm?? I gotta say, though, that the Beety Beauty schtick never fails
to crack me up. Prevert. (And that's how it's spelled, by the by!)
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Several notes since 8/18/05